Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies:
Tennis Monsters Ltd is a team of professionals with the mission of attracting people outside the classic sport market niche and bring them to a structured pathway, where they can develop their tennis skills, enjoy the Club environment and become regular tennis players, either to a Social or High Performance level.
We are looking for an ENTHUSIASTIC, PASSIONATE and MOTIVATING Tennis Coach to work with our Beginner players in the 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11 years old.
- Lead larger groups with up to 12 players with the help of an Assistant Coach.
- Help mentoring JAC's and motivate them to take further steps in their pathway
- Promote and invite players to join Social club nights.
- Coach players to LOVE TENNIS.- Coordinate lessons, activities and nurture a community of tennis friends.
- ITF Level 1 (JDC) or Community Coaching Course desirable.
- Extremely organised and self-driven individual with little supervision required.
- No Experience Required, training can be provided.
- The most important attribute: Passionate and enthusiastic! (Little ones get bored with someone plain)
TRANSPORT BETWEEN CLUBS ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO BE REQUIRED, make sure you have your own transportation.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com or text 021-0499671
Manawatu Lawn Tennis Club was recently awarded Club of the Year 2019, by Tennis NZ and is the largest tennis club in the Manawatu region. We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven head coach to continue to grow our junior programme and offer a comprehensive coaching service to our members and non-members. Our committee is dedicated and passionate about Tennis, and will provide support to the successful applicant in order for them to set-up a viable coaching business using the Manawatu Lawn Tennis Club facilities.
- A passion for tennis
- Minimum of JDC (ITF level 1)
- Registered Coach with Tennis New Zealand
- High Sparring Partner ability with at least a current S3 (or comparable level) ranking
- A demonstrable ability to deliver structured coaching lessons in an interesting & fun way
- Proven confidence in leading and coaching Junior and Adult individuals and groups
- Proven leadership of assistant coaches
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Tennis NZ’s “Clubspark” Management system
- Honest, reliable, utterly professional with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Must hold valid legal status to work in NZ
- Must be able to commence on or before Term 4, 2020
- Clean Police record (we will conduct NZ Police Reports)
- Express Tennis, Cardio Tennis & Tennis Hot Shots (or equivalent) course delivery experience
- Current First Aid Certification
- At least three referees able to provide written & verbal references (prefer one player, one Club or Committee member and a Business Owner or Manager you’ve worked for)
If this sounds like you and you are a New Zealand citizen, have residency or hold a current work visa according to NZ law then please submit your application including your full Curriculum Vitae via email to Hayley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we are unable to consider applicants without the legal right to work in NZ.
A coaching position with Geoff Beech Tennis has recently become available providing an opportunity for a highly motivated and passionate Coach to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work and develop young tennis players at the Remuera Rackets and Dunholme Tennis Clubs.
The ideal candidate should have proven coaching experience and ideally hold a JDC Course (ideal but not essential) within the tennis industry, is a student of the game, independent, and can work solely on their own to run group, private and or adult classes. Along with being up to date with current teaching strategies it is essential to have positive relationship building skills that foster positive connections with both juniors and adults.
This is a unique opportunity for an organised and proactive tennis professional to join a team environment, that respects and utilises each staff members strengths, to make a positive impact across our group.
Initially the successful applicant will commence in Term 4 2020. The role is approximately 20hrs per week - with good remuneration. Ideally you can work weekends, with the expectation that you will have the skill sets to build your tennis clientele. You need a current driver’s licence and vehicle.
If you would like to be considered for this role, you need to be a NZ Resident, ideally have a first aid certificate but not essential, a police check will be required. Please send a copy of your current resume as well as a cover letter, detailing your experience & education in coaching and why you believe you are the right person for this role to:
Waimairi Tennis Club is seeking to appoint a Senior Coach to assist the Head coach with all coaching at the club.
Waimairi is one of the largest tennis clubs in New Zealand by membership with over 400 junior members and 180 senior members.It received the Club of the Year award in the Tennis Canterbury Region in 2019/20.
The club has a total of seven courts, four of which are Rebound Ace cushioned hard courts and three all-weather synthetic grass courts, at its central suburban location in Christchurch. Six courts have recently been upgraded to LED lighting.
The position is a contract one with the club, with day to day responsibility to the Head Coach.
The successful applicant will ideally hold a Tennis Australia Club Professional qualification or equivalent and be familiar with the latest international coaching programmes and methods.
The duties of the Senior Coach will include, assisting the Head Coach to:
• coach in both Hotshot and adult coaching programmes including Cardio Tennis
and Tennis Xpress,
• coordinate all club group coaching programmes including the club’s off site
coaching programmes, year round,
• supervise a team of professional coaches,
• oversee the standard of coaching delivered,
• introduce new coaching programmes and initiatives for senior and junior members
• carry-out an extensive coaching programme in schools, and organise an
It is expected that the club programmes will provide an average of 18 hours per week (Monday -Saturday) during the summer.
Organised winter programmes would also provide coaching opportunities.
Access to the club facilities for private coaching of members and non-members would be available, and provide additional income.
A competitive hourly rate will be negotiated to reflect qualifications and experience.
A level of computer literacy would be necessary (familiarity with Excel, Word for example)
A First Aid qualification, and NZ Police clearance will be required.
All applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Applications can be sent to The President, Waimairi Tennis Club Inc, P.O. Box 5354
Papanui, Christchurch 8014, New Zealand,
or email@example.com to be received by 2nd August 2020.
It is expected interviews would be conducted in the week beginning 10 August.
For information on Waimairi Tennis Club please go to www.wtc.co.nz
Rotokare Tennis Club is seeking applications for the position of head tennis coach. Ideally the selected person will be appointed no later than the end of August 2020.
The opportunity exists to develop and grow this position as a business that focuses on the management of junior coaching and player development, group coaching, and private coaching for junior and senior members. Additionally the opportunity to develop strong links with surrounding schools is encouraged together with the delivery of cardio and easy tennis.
The successful applicant will have:
Qualifications and Experience:
Registration with Tennis New Zealand at ITF level 2 and be registered for Hot Shots delivery.
Valid First Aid Certification
Current Police Check
Able to relate well to the range of people involved in the sport -children and their parents, casual and competitive players and the volunteers that make up the tennis community eg. Rotokare Tennis Club Committee and Junior Convenor
Experience of organising tennis tournaments including club championships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experienced in coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities
Experienced in developing club coaching programmes and managing a coaching team
Able to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative tennis sessions
Knowledge of Tennis NZ's Coaching Framework especially 'Playing Stages'
Strong administration, communication and computer skills
Able to work legally in New Zealand and have a valid driving licence
Able to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
Able to work on own initiative, be self motivated, flexible and punctual.
Rotokare Tennis Club is well appointed in pleasant surroundings with 1 plexipave and 6 astrograss courts, all fully lit. The committee is active and supportive and keen to endorse new initiatives. The club is located in New Plymouth which has a vibrant and active arts scene and boasts a unique mountain to surf lifestyle which is easily accessible.
The club is one of only two clubs in the city with lights and hosts business house competitions one night per week, open club nights throughout the winter and is the venue for Taranaki Seniors Club who play year round on Sunday mornings.
We would love to hear from you if you believe that you have the skills and qualifications that we are looking for.
Email your cover letter with your CV outlining your experience and suitability together with a proposed coaching plan and strategies to
The President, Rotokare Tennis Club
Applications close 10 August, 2020.
Both clubs are in the search for a senior club professional tennis coach, to be working at both clubs, alongside the head coach from each club, in a full-time capacity.
Working hours will be split between both clubs (10mins apart by car), and will consist of group classes (HotShots & Interclub team coaching) as well as private coaching for all abilities & ages.
SHTC & HTC have a long history of building strong juniors and we aim to continue this, building with a long term vision.
Coach must be able to run classes by him/herself, with the help of assistant coaches. Classes (& the term) are planned in advanced, and the new coach will need to deliver according to the head coach's feedback and standards.
Benefits of working with us:
-Hourly paid work (on a full-time basis) with potential for year-around work, after building a private coaching schedule, as the summer season progresses.
-Potential for brand sponsorship
-Be part of 2 great clubs in the east Auckland area.
-Travelling to regional/national tournaments and tennis camps work (mostly during school holiday breaks)
-Experience and confidence, running all types of coaching sessions (privates, groups, cardio, etc). Ideally ITF level 1 coach qualification or equivalent, at the last
-Have the legal right to work in NZ (citizen or resident)
-Self-motivated and passionate, to grow both club's programs as well as a private coaching schedule
-Have full/clean drivers license/car
-NZ Police check/clearance
-First aid (ideally but not compulsory)
-Good to strong playing back round
-People skills, vision, commitment to growing & learning, team member, reliable, good communicator
We're looking to start interviewing during term 3, for a Term 4 start. Part of the interviewing process can be to deliver some classes & show tennis-hitting standards.
Tennis South Canterbury are seeking expressions of interest from qualified coaches in a newly created Junior Coaching and Development role at Tennis South Canterbury working alongside our existing coaching team, based in Timaru.
Coaching activity will vary through different levels of players – with a large part of the role working with younger children to grow and develop the sport in South Canterbury. Club liaison & coaching, Schools coaching, Squad groups, Junior Representative tennis and the implementation of new programmes/initiatives are also key elements of the role.
There is opportunity for involvement in the running of tournaments if the applicant is interested.
A suitable and competitive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant – however, it is anticipated that hours will be approx. 30-40 hours per week over the summer season (Oct-Apr) and with flexibility for the coach to undertake private work in addition to Tennis South Canterbury requirements.
If you would be interested in furthering your tennis coaching career at a Regional Association level and are keen to know more about this role – we would love to hear from you!
Please email your Expression of Interest along with you CV, at your earliest convenience, to:
Position title Head Coach
Reporting to Business Founder, TENNIS PLUS
Location Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand
Start Date 1 October, 2020
TENNIS PLUS is seeking an experienced, professional, and qualified Head Coach to lead the Coaching team at Ngataringa Tennis Club, Stanley Bay, Devonport, Auckland, NZ. You will lead a dedicated team of seven including Senior Coaches, Assistant Coaches an administrator and including regular liaison with other key stakeholders including the Business Founder, Club Members, Regional and National Tennis Organisations and the Club’s Committee. VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Please note we are unable to consider applicants without the legal right to work in NZ.
Gilles de Gouy
Business Founder, TENNIS PLUS @ Ngataringa Tennis Club
Head Coach – Mt Albert Tennis Club
Self - Employed Contractor
982A New North Road, Mount Albert, Auckland 1025
From 1st September 2020
20th August 2020
T: +6421 801 490
We are seeking a new Head Coach to exclusively manage all coaching at the club. The successful applicant can start from the 1st September 2020.
Mt Albert Tennis Club is located behind the Mt Albert Shops. It as a well-established club largely dominated by juniors however senior membership is growing. Mt Albert has 5 courts, club house and volley wall.
We are a vibrant and friendly club and cater for all players, from social to elite and juniors to veterans.
The Club intends to enter into a long term 2-year contract with the successful applicant.
The minimum qualification requirement is ITF Level 1 (Junior Development) or equivalent or equivalent is preferred.
Good people skills and business acumen is essential. Applicants need to show genuine commitment to growing their business and help grow membership and communicate to the committee the club on a six weekly basis.
Current coaching activities: Junior interclub and beginner member coaching Terms 4 & 1 paid directly by the club.
Private coaching programmes: The successful applicant would be responsible for creating their own programmes and managing their private coaching. Huge growth potential.
All applications must be made in writing to the email provided. All applicants must have full working rights in New Zealand.
SEED Tennis is currently seeking a tennis coach to facilitate participation programmes in Te Atatu and the Rodney district.
- Prepare and deliver a high quality children and adults’ programme for beginner and recreational players from ages 3 and up
- Establish a good relationship with children, parents/caregivers and club members
- Liaise with and support our clubs’ committees to further enhance the clubs and their activities
- Develop and maintain their own private client schedule
Schedule & renumeration:
30 hours a week average
Option 1: Contractor on starting hourly rate of $20/hr and after initial training $25-$40/hr
Option 2: Salary on starting wage of $30k per annum and after initial training $40k per annum
The suitable candidate must have the following:
- Experience as an assistant tennis coach, with ideally, an Assistant Coach qualification
- Outgoing & dynamic personality, relating well with both children and adults
- A high level of professionalism, always punctual and dependable
- Good communication, administration and computer skills
- The ability to commit for 2 years, completing a Junior Development Coach (ITF Level 1) qualification in this timeframe
If the successful applicant is travelling from overseas, you must be eligible for a working holiday visa into New Zealand, with a view to sponsorship of a work visa in following years.
This role provides the unique opportunity for the successful applicant to receive preliminary and ongoing on-the-job training as a tennis coach, to transition the successful applicant from an aspiring or hobby coach to a career tennis coach.
Work to commence late July - late August 2020, flexible on successful applicant's availability.
If you are interested in this position we would love to hear from you! Please apply in writing outlining your skills, experience and any relevant qualifications. firstname.lastname@example.org
The coaching contract at Castor Bay Tennis Club (“CBTC”) is reviewed every 2 years. The current appointment expires on 31 July 2020 and the club is looking for expressions of interest for the position.
CBTC is a small neighbourhood tennis club located in Midway Avenue, Castor Bay. The club has three all-weather astro tennis courts. Our membership consists of approximately 130 – made up of 70 Senior, 44 Junior and 16 Vets. The club fields 6 senior interclub teams and 6 junior interclub teams.
The role of club coach is predominately coaching the junior members consisting of Saturday morning coaching, and interclub coaching during the week between 4pm and 6pm. The role will also involve the management and organisation of the junior teams, in conjunction with our junior convenor. The coach also organises the junior end of season tournament.
The opportunity also exists to coach our senior players and a group of senior players including fitness/aerobic training.
The position is to commence from 1 August 2020.
Applicants should submit their resume by 15 July 2020 to:
Castor Bay Tennis Club
PO Box 33-661
MILFORD 0741 or by email Ian@concordia.org.nz
For any further information please contact our President, Ian Duff at Ian@concordia.org.nz or phone 021-945427
The Greenhithe Tennis Club is seeking applications for a Head Coach.
The club is located in the heart of Greenhithe village and features 4 floodlit courts and a clubhouse with plenty of parking spaces. Greenhithe is a thriving suburb of over 8,500 residents with 2 primary schools in the area, and easy access to the growing neighbouring suburbs of Hobsonville Point and Schnapper Rock.
Greenhithe Tennis Club, as a community based charitable organisation, is committed to taking proactive steps to ensure future growth and to enabling the financial and personal success of its coaches. We want people to join us in making the Greenhithe Tennis Club the best sports club in New Zealand and the centre of a welcoming, kind, and exciting community.
- Provide one-on-one and group coaching for a range of ages and abilities
- Develop a strong working relationship with our local community, especially our local schools
- Contribute to the growth of club membership across all age levels
- Develop a group of assistant coaches to aid in the delivery of coaching programmes, and actively assist in their professional development
- Attend club meetings where appropriate
- Provide proof of planning, timetabling, and administration on a regular basis
- Work with the Club Manager and Captain to contribute to the overall development and success of the club
Experience and qualifications
- A Minimum ITF level 1 or equivalent Coaching Qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Tennis Hot Shots programme
- Ability to work with and coach:
- Across all Hot Shots age groups/abilities
- Senior casual and competitive players
- Veteran players
- Adult fitness (Cardio tennis-type) sessions
Skills and personal attributes
- Confident communication skills with players, parents, other coaches, peers and the Greenhithe Tennis Club Board
- Role model to the community with a high degree of demonstrable honesty & integrity
- Willingness to learn and embrace new ideas
- Ability to work with a team of coaches
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Full current driver’s license (clean)
Greenhithe Tennis Club, 10-24 Roland Road, Greenhithe, 0632, Auckland
Please Email CV & Covering Letter to (please send to all 3):
email@example.com (Rod Smith – Club President)
firstname.lastname@example.org (John Hayson – Club Treasurer)
email@example.com (John Gayfer – Club Captain)
Friday 3rd July @ 5pm
Tennis Monsters Academy is a team of professionals with the mission of attracting people outside the classic sport market niche and bring them to a structured pathway, where they can develop their tennis skills, enjoy the Club environment and become regular tennis players, either to a Social or High Performance level.
- Manage Coaches scheduling.
- Manage Coaching programme finances.
- Manage and Execute Marketing Strategy Plan.
- Supervise and ensure quality procedures are being followed.
- Complete CP weekly report.
- Manage rackets and items sales and restringing services.
- Attend TM committee meetings.
- Deliver lessons from Beginners to Advanced players if required.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
A great opportunity has arisen for a professional tennis coach to join the Coaching Team of Paul Arnott Tennis Ltd at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club is set in the grounds of Blake Park and is walking distance from the beautiful beach. The club has a very diverse membership which encompasses Junior Hot Shots Tennis, Senior Coaching programme which caters for all levels, Senior & Junior Interclub, Cardio Tennis, Midweek Ladies, Senior & Junior Club Nights, Senior Club Day, Business House, Fast 4 Shoot Out Tournaments, Individual Senior & Junior coaching and lots more social events.
The suitable applicant will need to be competent in all aspects of club coaching and have the skill level to play and represent MMTC at Senior Interclub. The ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with club members and other coaching staff is essential.
Minimum qualification: Junior Development Coach (ITF Level 1)
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
email@example.com 0210 236 3223
The Clevedon Tennis Club is currently seeking a qualified professional coach.. The village is located in a beautiful rural setting just 25min south east from the city centre. The appointed coach will need to be available for the after school program and travel to different premises to provide coaching across the week. There is an opportunity for the right person to work up to 35 hours per week.
The appointed coach is responsible for:
- Assisting and organising a fun, dynamic after school program for kids across the week, including a Saturday mornings program.
- Providing performance coaching for competitive interclub players.
- Providing adult group or private coaching when available.
- Having opportunities to develop their own private client schedule across the week.
- Communicating everyday with the Head Coach and establishing a good relationship with children, parents/caregivers and club members.
Work to commence late September - early October Job requirements:
- University Education Requirement or Equivalent: Prefer 4-year College degree.
- ITF Level 1 certified or Internationally Recognized qualifications required (PTR).
- CPR and First Aid Certification required.
- Minimum 2 years as a tennis coach. International experience is a plus.
- Experience teaching all ages (kids and adults)
- Available in Auckland by early October. Willing to commit long term.
- High energy, outgoing with good people skills
- Strong administrative, promotion and communication skills
Pay will be determined by experience and qualifications. Please forward questions and C.V. to the email below.
Regards, Matthew Jones
Head Coach 022 081 9620
Position Title : Secondary Schools Coach/ Co-Ordinator Waikato
Location : Hamilton, New Zealand
Start Date : October 2020 (Term 4 start)
Kiwi Tennis (www.kiwitennis.co.nz) is a tennis management company that delivers comprehensive coaching programmes to all ages and abilities in numerous clubs and facilities across Auckland and Waikato Regions of New Zealand.
We currently have a fantastic team of international coaches and support staff and are on the lookout for someone to head up our secondary schools programmes come Term 4 2020. Our main programmes run out of:
- Peter’s School, Cambridge (3 hard courts, 3 clay courts)
- Hamilton Boys High School (3 Indoors, 8 AstroTurf and 11 Hardcourts based at Waikato Tennis Centre)
- Waikato Diocesan School for Girls (8 AstroTurf)
- Paul’s Collegiate (6 Hardcourts)
Our other venues with smaller programmes include: Hamilton Girls High School, Sacred Heart School for Girls, St. John’s College and Rototuna High School.
The successful individual will be a career coach, extremely proactive and confident in being able to sell themselves. The on court role will entail a mixture of individual lessons and squad coaching working with beginners through to the schools top players. Off court the coach will help to link players to clubs for coaching and interclub, grow the schools fixture lists and help to co-ordinate events such as the Waikato Secondary Schools Tournaments.
Suitable candidate must have the following:
- Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 2 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent).
- Experienced coaching juniors and adults of all ages and
- Experienced with developing club and school coaching
- Very good administration, communication and computer
- Fluent in written and spoken
- Always shows highest level of
- Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and
- Higher education qualification in sports development/coaching/management is desirable but not
- Clean driving license essential
- Current Police Check
- Have a valid NZ Work Visa, or eligible to receive
If you believe you possess all of these skills then we would love to hear from you!
We can offer the successful applicants a competitive package, which includes:
- Club, school, private and holiday coaching hours at competitive hourly
- Clothing & potentially racquet
- Regular training both on and off
How to Apply:
Email us a cover letter along with your CV in pdf format, outlining your experience and suitability for this position. As well as detailing your previous experience in selling yourself and the coaching programmes that you’ve worked in and the various methods you used to do this.
Email to the Director of Tennis, Pete Hoyland, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business? Post your great opportunity below, or click here for recruitment advice.