Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
Blair O’Brien Tennis is seeking to appoint a full time tennis coach to replace a coach who is leaving Auckland. With 9 courts and over 550 members, this is a special opportunity to be part of one of the biggest clubs in Auckland’s North Harbour.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain high quality individual and group coaching at all levels of the game.
- Manage all on-court aspects involved with junior and senior coaching programmes including assisting junior coaches.
- Communicate effectively with the club and head coach, players and parents in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with a team of coaches towards a shared goal.
- Provide a safe, fun and inclusive environment for all lessons and the club’s general community.
- Ability and willingness to restring racquets is desirable but not essential.
- Available to work a minimum of 5 days a week including Saturday mornings.
- Willingness to collaborate on courses and coach with a play based approach.
- A high level of personal integrity and pride in their work, be motivated and willing to learn, honest and reliable, display initiative and able to work in a team.
- A passion for tennis and coaching, including enhancing the community spirit of the club.
- Hold strong interpersonal and communication skills for all age groups.
- Sound English skills.
- You must be eligible to work in New Zealand, and complete a New Zealand police check.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Junior Development Coach qualification, or international equivalent or higher
- Comprehensive knowledge the Tennis NZ Hot Shots and Tennis Xpress programmes.
- Minimum two years full time coaching experience for all ages.
- Strong tennis playing background.
Applicants must be available to work from January 2024. Applicants should send their CV and other supporting details to Blair O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 December 2023.
Sparta Tennis have a position open for a Senior Coach who can work with all tiers of players from Hot Shots (Red, Orange and Green Stage) through to aspiring performance players and adult groups.
Sparta Tennis is the pre-eminent Junior Development Program in the county with over 20 national junior titles in the past 4 years. The recent NZ 11u and 13u teams all had Sparta Players as the team number 1. As we continue to bring the future waves of NZs best Juniors through we require a coach with the knowledge and experience, but also the passion and desire to put the extra effort in with these players to match what they want to put into the sport.
As with any Tennis Coaching job the hours are mainly outside of school time and include at least one weekend day. But specific hours are flexible within reason.
ITF Level 1 (JDC) or equivalent, or higher preferred, We can assist with ongoing education or upskilling to get a promising applicant to this level.
Any questions or for further information please contact Dwayne +64274434282 email@example.com
Please view this file for a full job description
Job closing date of November 8th for a start date of February 1st 2024.
Kiwi Tennis (www.kiwitennis.co.nz) is a tennis coaching company that delivers comprehensive coaching programmes to all ages and abilities in 6 clubs and around 30 schools across Auckland.
We currently have a fantastic fun team of coaches and support staff and are on the look-out for another high- quality coach to join our team. This is a key role for the company and is a senior leadership position.
We are looking for a highly skilled and qualified individual with extensive club coaching experience and a proven background in developing club coaching programmes.
The successful individual will be a career coach, extremely proactive and confident in being able to sell themselves, the coaching programme and tennis products from the pro shops. You must also be highly organised and have great communication skills.
This role will involve working in the club and local schools across the week, and will include:
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Junior Group Coaching
- Tennis in Schools
- Cardio Tennis & Attackers and Defenders
- Private lessons with both juniors and adults
- Summer secondary school team coaching
The suitable candidate ideally will have the following:
- LTA Level 3/JDC qualification, or equivalent
- Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and
- Experience with developing club and school coaching programmes, and ideally previous experience as a Head Coach.
- Very good administration, communication and computer
- Fluent in written and spoken
- The highest level of
- Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and
- Higher education qualification in sports development/coaching/management is desirable but not
- Clean driving license essential
- Current Police Check
- NZ Residency, citizenship or a valid work visa (this is mandatory)
- First Aid Certificate is desirable but not essential
- The ability to commit for a minimum of 3
If you believe you possess all (or most) of these skills, then we would love to hear from you! We can offer the successful applicant a competitive package, which includes:
- Club, school, private and holiday coaching hours at an attractive rate
- Pro Shop sales
- Clothing & racquet
- Regular training both on and off
- Professional indemnity insurance
- All administration, invoicing, class bookings and management are done for you – you just turn up
- Inclusion in our Tennis NZ registration annually
How to Apply:
Email us a cover letter along with your CV outlining your experience and suitability for this position. Applications must come direct rather than to the club so please email to the Director, Anna Ruepert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are now open for the position of Head Coach for Tennis Pakuranga, one of the largest and busiest tennis clubs in Auckland.
Position Description: The Head Coach is responsible for coaching programme development, managing and mentoring coaching staff and supporting club members in their tennis. The position requires active participation in member satisfaction and in club innovation and growth strategies.
Reports to: the Club Committee, through the President
Duties and Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supply, manage and develop sufficient assistant coaches to help cover the coaching requirements
- Manage junior and intermediate coaching, organise junior club championships and help select junior teams for interclub
- Implement the coaching program for all interclub teams
- Promote and increase participation in interclub and in coaching programs, working at developing players of all ages and at all levels
- Provide group and individual coaching sessions as requested
- Provide reports, written and verbal, as requested by the Club Committee, and timely and accurate invoices
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate coaching qualification and/or demonstrated expertise and experience in tennis coaching
- A desire to succeed and to support others to succeed, matched with a passion for tennis
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- An open, approachable and friendly demeanour, able to welcome members of varying cultures, languages and backgrounds, with an understanding of, or willingness to learn about, the cultural needs of our members
- Ability to increase memberships through sales, networks and reputation
- Good administration skills appropriate for the position and a good understanding of Health and Safety, Human Resources and other relevant legislation
- A police check, driver’s license and First Aid Certificate are essential.
Please send your application and CV to:
Applications Close: October 20th 2023
Golden Bay Tennis Club is looking for a new head coach.
We are a small, rural and friendly club.
Our coach of 15 years has retired and we now look for someone new to take her place.
Traditionally we've had Thursday afternoon as our coaching day for all ages, from 5yo to adults,
and Saturday morning for the younger kids - red, orange and green levels.
This could all change though, to suit a new coach and new ideas...!
Our goal is to give everyone in our community the opportunity to learn and play tennis!
Your main job will be teaching the basics of the game to our children, of all ages and levels,
but could potentially grow to adult's sessions, private lessons, holiday programs and more.
You will be initially working side by side with the club's committee, our local (volunteer) coach and assisted by teens if necessary.
Your remuneration will come from grants, so for that you need to be formally qualified.
Ideally you'll be living here in the bay, but could also come from "over the hill" once a week or even once a fortnight.
Golden Bay is situated 2 hours north of Nelson.
A fairly isolated, rural, friendly community.
We're surrounded by beautiful beaches and two national parks... so plenty to do.
If you're passionate about tennis, good with youngsters...
Looking for a challenge, or willing to share your experience...
Seeking a place to raise your family, or semi-retire...
Please send us an e-mail to email@example.com
or get in touch on 0210300585
Monday 19 June 2023
We are looking for two full-time coaches to join our team based in Wairarapa, working toward our vision of a strong tennis region. This is an exciting opportunity to join a coaching team in a region where tennis is growing. The role includes working with junior players on our clay courts at Dry River Tennis Centre as well as with clubs and schools to develop tennis throughout the region. There are opportunities for professional development, allowing successful candidates to specialise in their preferred area of coaching over time. Personal integrity, a strong work ethic and a solution-focused attitude are critical attributes for successful candidates.
- Permanent position
- Some weekend work is required
- Pay range: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 30 hours per week guaranteed
- Wairarapa based - travel to events outside the region by mutual agreement
- Must hold at least ITF level 1 coaching qualification
- Minimum 2 years of full-time coaching experience
- Accredited Employer under AEWV with Immigration NZ
- Delivery of high-quality group and individual lessons
- Communication with parents, clubs and schools as needed
- Identify appropriate students for performance pathways
- Attempt to develop all students to a minimum of senior interclub level
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday 4 July 2023
Preferred start date: Monday 28 September 2023
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: ASSISTANT TENNIS COACH ( 20 – 25 HOURS PER WEEK)
LOCATION: TITIRANGI TENNIS CLUB AND LYNFIELD TENNIS CLUB
START: MID JULY 2023
A coaching position has become available with Josh Mark of 365 Tennis working between 2 locations, Titirangi Tennis Club and Lynfield Tennis Club with immediate start.
The Titirangi portion of the role is autonomous and in a growth phase which can grow hours as required for a motivated candidate.
This role will involve working both autonomously and alongside Josh, including the following:
• Hot Shots Coaching
• Junior Group Coaching
• Tennis in Schools
• Cardio Tennis & Attackers and Defenders
• Private lessons with both juniors and adults
• Developing club growth with sound coaching skills and enthusiasm
This is a great role for the right candidate looking for 20 – 25 hours weekly
Please head here to see the full job description.
Contact Josh Mark
Ph: 021 031 8013 or email your CV to Josh@365tennis.co.nz
Calder Tennis are seeking a part-time coach.We have been running our well known coaching services in the Nelson Tasman region for 15 + years. Located in this beautiful region we run coaching programmes at 5 clubs. We are a growing business looking for a passionate, motivated and experienced coach to come and join us.Coaching services include:Junior Hotshots coachingTennis in schoolsAdult group coachingPrivate coachingTennisXpress & Cardio Tennis groupsHolidays programmesThis position will also give you options of creating more coaching hours yourself and potential to build your own client base.
Attributes:Ability to work well in a team towards a common goal.Communicate effectively with the clubs, head coach, parents and players.Provide a fun, positive environment for players to improve their tennis.Organise and structure lesson plans.Good time management and planning skills.Energy and motivation to grow our club(s) membership and in local communities.Be open to self-development, feedback and furthering qualifications.Be honest, reliable and show initiative.Preferred Qualifications/Experience:ITF Level 1 JDC Qualification.Experience working with junior and adult groups.Police Vet check & First Aid.If this position interests you and you think you might have the necessary skills to be the right fit to our team, please apply to:Ashleigh CalderEmail: email@example.comApplications close: March 31st 2023
No1 tennis has grown to 3 venues and is bursting and in need of more coaches to facilitate this growth. The role can be catered for individuals but would need to cover both juniors and adults. Currently the junior programs number are extremely high with hotshots and development squads and would like to see the adults programs grow also.This role is suited for a seasoned coach or a coach that is looking to make tennis a career.More information will be supplied for candidates once receiving applications.
Please send cover letter and cv to:Justin@no1tennis.co.nz
OVERVIEWCoach position available at Point Chevalier Tennis Club, TESE Tennis Service. Rates are dependent on level and experience. 6-court facility with synthetic grass in Auckland.Looking for a coach who’s interested in building a long-term future with the Club. Incentives and bonuses for the right candidate. Work in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. Get in touch with us if you’re interested. We are looking for an experienced coach that can lead by example, is punctual, and energetic & puts our customers first.Hours per week: up to 20 and can be developed.Qualifications: National or International certification preferred but not essential.Salary: competitive $30+ & will be based on the applicant's qualifications and experience.Primary responsibilities are:Delivering junior group lessons.Private lessons for kids and adults of all ages & abilities.Delivering Club coaching.School holiday tennis program in between terms.Willing to assist with junior/adults competitions & tournamentsPlease feel free to call if you have any questions regarding the role.
To apply send your CV/Resume: firstname.lastname@example.orgSergey contact: 0225914020
After 16 years of service to the club our coach is retiring. This leaves a great opportunity for someone to take over a ready-made coaching programme.
We have waiting lists of juniors and adults for group coaching and a demand for private lessons which cannot currently be fulfilled from existing and potential new members. We have 9 astroturf courts and a tennis playing membership of 90 juniors and 150 adults. We anticipate this will grow if we can offer more coaching opportunities.We need someone who is passionate about coaching, has had coaching experience and is ready to move up to drive their own programme.
What are we seeking in our club coach?• A passion for grassroots tennis• Club orientated within a coaching business model• Energy and commitment to our club and tennis in our region• Willingness to mentor and grow assistant coaches• Manage and organise all coaching programmesWhat do you need to have?• Excellent communication and organisational skills• High level of professionalism• A positive and enthusiastic attitude• Ability to relate easily to both adults and juniors• ITF Level 1 or 2, Tennis NZ coaching qualification (or working towards Tennis NZ coaching framework)• Appropriate work visa, NZ Residency or be a NZ Citizen• Current Police Check• First Aid CertificateWhat tennis services are we seeking?• Administration and running of a junior and adult group programme of 20 hours+ per week• Ability to implement programmes such as Hot Shots and Tennis Express• Provision of private junior and adult lessons• Running 2 open days per annum• Provision of a Saturday morning junior play session• Regular and timely communication with the committee, players and parentsWhat additional opportunities are available?• Coaching provision at local school• Holiday camps outside of term time• A pro shop is available if a coach is interested in an additional business opportunity
Preferred start date: 1 April 2023
Email with accompanying CV to Hayden Clarke email@example.com or phone 027 4070071 for an informal discussion.
After a successful expansion last year our junior coaches have unfortunately moved away and need replacing.
Join our team and help us grow the clubs programme and meet the demand.
Our amazing head coach, Mareta, has built a highly popular junior programme at our club with approximately 50 juniors of various skills and ages participating.
We also have a casual senior programme that allows seniors who are either beginners or returning to the game to gain the confidence to join more club activities, get some fun exercise or just try us out.
If you join use your role would involve:
- assisting with junior coaching sessions (primary role)
- currently these run on Wednesday and Thursdays from 3pm to approx. 6:45pm,
- assisting with senior coaching sessions
- currently run on demand on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Potentially the role could grow to running sessions without the head coach in attendance and potentially running interclub coaching sessions.
We are a fun, inclusive club and always welcome our coaches to hang around after coaching ends for a hit with other members.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with applications providing a phone number and time that would be good to call. We will likely arrange a meeting at the club with our head coach.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
Professional Tennis Coach wanted to join Paul Arnott Tennis Ltd at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club.
A great opportunity has arisen for a professional tennis coach to join the Coaching Team of Paul Arnott Tennis Ltd at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club is set in the grounds of Blake Park and is walking distance from the beautiful beach. We have 4 Rebound Ace Plexi courts, 5 Astro courts and 12 hard courts. The club has a very diverse membership which encompasses Junior Hot Shots Tennis, Adult Coaching programme which caters for all levels, Senior & Junior Interclub, Cardio Tennis, Midweek Ladies, Adult & Junior Club Nights, Adult Club Day, Business House, Fast 4 Shoot Out Tournaments, Individual Adult & Junior coaching and lots more social events.
The suitable applicant must reside in New Zealand, will need to be competent in all aspects of club coaching and have the skill level to play and represent MMTC at Senior Interclub. The ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with club members and other coaching staff is essential.
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
Want to be part of a friendly and growing tennis community? Come join us at Tawa Tennis Club! We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Tennis Head Coach who is keen to take a leading role towards the success of tennis in our community. Here is an opportunity to start your own tennis coaching business within an established club!
Tawa Tennis Club has a strong junior base and keen adult players across all levels of play. With almost 200 members, 8 recently resurfaced plexipave courts of which 5 are lit, and an active committee. We won Club of the Year in the Tennis Central Awards in 2021.
As Tawa’s Head Coach, you will be working closely with the committee to provide the best possible experience to members. There is also an opportunity to provide coaching services and build relationships with other clubs in the Wellington Northern and Porirua suburbs.
What are we seeking in our club coach?
- Passion for grassroots tennis
- Club orientated within a coaching business model
- Energy and commitment to our club and tennis in our region
- Willingness to mentor and grow assistant coaches
- Manage and organise all coaching programmes
What do you need to have?
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High level of professionalism
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to relate easily to both adults and juniors
- ITF Level 1 or 2, Tennis NZ coaching qualification (or working towards Tennis NZ coaching framework)
- Appropriate work visa, NZ Residency or be a NZ Citizen
- Current Police Check
- First Aid Certificate
What tennis services are we seeking?
- Hot Shots coaching
- Tennis pathways across all levels of play - nurturing young players
- Junior Interclub coaching
- Adult coaching including Xpress, Cardio and Advanced level
- Private junior and senior lessons
- Support to grow the club from grassroots
- Holiday programmes including Tawa Racketlon
- Running 2 - 3 annual tournaments at the club
- Administration of all coaching services
- Regular and timely communication with the committee, players and parents
- Squad development
What additional opportunities are available?
- Coaching services at other local clubs
- School tennis
- Playing interclub tennis for the club would be a bonus
- Supporting Kapi Mana Reps
Tawa is a fantastic suburb on the northern corridor of Wellington City. Close access to the motorway and Transmission Gully. Easy place to travel to and from and has some fantastic coffee shops!
Contract and remuneration will be discussed with interest applicants with the possibility of contract offered to the right person.
Applications close: 30th July
Preferred start date: Ideally as soon as possible or by mutual agreement.
For more details, please email Julie Roberts at email@example.com
All applications must be accompanied with a CV and cover letter.
PART TIME AFTER SCHOOL COACH – SMASHTENNIS @ BELMONT PARK RACQUETS CLUB
We are a busy community club in Bayswater on the North Shore & looking forward to a great summer tennis season ahead.
We are looking for a fun enthusiastic coach to help with our afterschool junior Tennis programme. We have well established after school classes and would love to have an energetic, reliable, punctual and confident coach join our team.
Must have good initiative, great communication, patience and kindness towards the young juniors, parents and staff. We expect a high level of professionalism and presentation (Coaching Shirt Provided)
Role would involve:
Part Time hours to be discussed.
Run Red, Orange & Green Dot after school lessons.
Monday-Thursday afternoons from 330pm – 7pm approx. (schedule not completed)
Possible Saturday/Sunday Mornings .
Christmas Holiday Camp starts 19th December
Option to take some Adult Fitness Classes if qualified.
Be available, reliable and punctual for the School Term 9 week programme
Looking for someone in the new year from term 1 starting the end of January 2023.
Contact Jo Nielsen-
Up to 25 hours per week are available coaching, with up to 10 hours per week focused on administration for Tennis Southland. The hours worked will be dictated by the seasonal nature of tennis in Southland. Primarily after school hours with renumeration for travel.
We are looking for a skilled coach with extensive coaching and playing experience. The successful applicant is expected to create and maintain relationships at a national and international level to facilitate the entry of Southland players into top-level training programmes and competitions in NZ and offshore.
As the Head Coach you will be required to travel around rural Southland and work with many different levels and programmes, including:
* Private lessons with both juniors and adults as well as squad trainings
* Hot Shots Coaching and Hot Shots Tennis in schools
The suitable candidate must have the following:
* ITF/Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 1 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent) or be willing to get that within one year of hire.
* Be Experienced coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities and taking teams to national competitions.
* Be Experienced in developing club and school coaching programmes.
* Strong administration, communication, and computer skills.
* Current Police Check
For more details, please email Scott Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be accompanied with a CV and cover letter.