Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
Full-Time/Part-Time Tennis Coach Employment
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
A great opportunity has arisen for a coach to join our professional Coaching Team at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
This role will involve:
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Junior & Adult Group Coaching
- Tennis in Schools
- Cardio Tennis
- Private lessons with both juniors and adults
The suitable candidate must currently live in New Zealand and have the following:
- Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
- Very good communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
- Current Police Check
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
Pt Chevalier Tennis Club is looking to expand it’s coaching offering with a focus on performance coaching and player pathways for both junior and senior club players.
We have seen significant growth in our club membership and there is an opportunity to provide more coaching options. This includes coaching for our interclub teams (our top team are moving to 1st Grade), technical training for both advanced juniors and senior players and private coaching. We have built a sound foundation with our current coach with our junior players and beginner adults and are looking for opportunities to take this to the next level.
There is also opportunity to run events to further challenge our players.
The selected coach will take a senior role and develop the performance side of the club working alongside our existing coach.
The person must be a qualified tennis coach, have experience at playing at a high level (S6/D6 or above) and have excellent character references.
New Zealand residency is essential and must be living or planning to live in Auckland.
Pt Chev is a family oriented club with 200 senior players and 150 juniors. The club has seen significant growth and the committee want to sustain this.
We have 6 courts, 4 with lighting and estimate availability of 20 hours court time per week
Visit www.ptchevtennis.co.nz for more information.
The club is open to proposals as to how our requirements could be achieved.
Proposals and enquiries to email@example.com by 3 May 2021
We are looking for 2 Senior/Head Tennis Coaches (2 vacancies available)
TennisInc Coaching and Academy are based in the Wellington and Northern Wellington suburbs. We coach from Beginner right the way through to Performance level.
25+ hours per week are available in each role.
We are looking for highly skilled club coaches with extensive club coaching experience.
As a Senior/Head Coach. This role will involve working with many different levels and programmes, and will include:
* Private lessons with both juniors and adults
* Hot Shots Coaching
* Hotshots Tennis in Schools
* Junior Group Coaching
* Cardio/Adult Express Tennis
*Being able to restring is a plus
-The suitable candidate must have the following:
* ITF/Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 1 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent) or be willing to get within one year of hire.
* Be Experienced coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
* Be Experienced in developing club and school coaching programmes.
* Strong administration, communication and computer skills.
* Current Police Check
* Eligibility to Work in New Zealand
*A High playing level preferred (S3 above) but not required.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pakuranga Tennis Club is looking for a senior coach to assist the Head Coach in all areas of the club. This person ideally is able to work independently with all areas of junior development (hot shots) as well as junior performance and seniors. There are 25+ hours available with both privates and groups. Please get in touch for more information.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Coaching opportunity at Avonhead Tennis Club
Our well-known resident coach, Shane Tainui, who has been with Avonhead for 21 years is
resigning so that he can devote his time to a business that he has bought.
The club wishes to build on the extensive work and good-will created by Shane, so we are
looking for someone who can:
• Grow the Junior membership and deliver a structured pathway programme to
• Introduce tennis to youngsters and older players through initiatives; e.g. tennis in
schools, easy-tennis type programmes for adults, holiday programmes
• Offer coaching opportunities for junior teams, social players and senior inter-club
• Offer school holiday and year-round coaching programmes (e.g. Winter)
• Show leadership in managing coaching
The club is open to proposals as to how our requirements could be achieved.
The selected coach will take a senior role and mentor the upskilling of the assistant coaches, and so divide responsibilities.
The person must be a qualified tennis coach and have excellent character references.
Avonhead has about 100 senior participants, currently 8 junior interclub teams, and about
60 youngster beginners. The club is growing and the committee wishes to actively sustain
The club has 2 hard courts, 4 synthetic grass courts, pavilion and a dedicated coaches office
all set in the leafy grounds of Crosbie Park Christchurch.
The club, currently, does not have a paid Junior Administrator and relies on volunteer support and the work of the resident coach.
Website is www.avonheadtennis.co.nz
Application and enquiries
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquires can also be made to Mike Clarke (Club
Captain) at phone 021 791 478 or Clive Davidson (President) 027 226 1901
Kiwi Tennis (www.kiwitennis.co.nz) is a tennis management company that delivers comprehensive coaching programmes to all ages and abilities in 7 clubs and around 30 schools across Auckland. Kiwi Tennis is a tennis management company that delivers comprehensive coaching programmes to all ages and abilities in 7 clubs and around 30 schools across Auckland.
We currently have a fantastic team of international coaches and support staff and are on the look-out for another quality coach to join our team.
We are looking for a highly skilled and qualified individual with extensive club coaching experience and a proven background in developing club coaching programmes.
The successful individual will be a career coach, extremely proactive and confident in being able to sellthemselves, the coaching programme and tennis products from the pro shops. You must also be highly organised and have great communication skills.
There is definite room for growth in this role with a defined pathway towards a role as a Head Coach. This role will involve working in multiple locations across the week, and will include:
• Hot Shots Coaching
• Junior Group Coaching
• Tennis in Schools
• Cardio Tennis
• Private lessons with both juniors and adults
• Summer secondary school team coaching
The suitable candidate must have the following:
• ITF/Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 1 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent – LTA Level 3)
• Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
• Experience with developing club and school coaching programmes.
• Very good administration, communication and computer skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• The highest level of professionalism.
• Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
• Higher education qualification in sports development/coaching/management is desirable but not essential.
• Clean driving license essential, with own car
• Current Police Check
• Elibility for a working holiday visa into New Zealand (no other visas suitable for this role)
• First Aid Certificate is desirable but not essential
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Tennis Monsters is looking for a personable, enthusiastic and friendly shop assistant for our Tennis School at Eden Epsom Tennis Club,
- Teamwork inbox: Replying to inquiries, concerns, and quarries. This is the most important part of the job.
- Organizing trial lessons: Get as much information as possible from the client about the individual doing the trial lesson. This is important in terms of allocation of class, ensuring it's appropriate and so it does not affect the kids in the class currently. Always inform the coaches on who is going to attend.
- Court bookings: Making sure that courts have been booked for all coaching, best done in advance so avoid clashes with members bookings the courts.
- Payments: Taking payments(Cash, Eft) at the club.
- Attendance: Taking the attendance for juniors and adults tennis social and sending it to the club managers. If they are non-members, get their contact detail for Club to contact them about memberships.
-Also, requests made by Nelson if he needed help with anything.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and experience.
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic and reliable Senior Tennis Coaches (2 vacancies available)
Tennis Monsters Academy is a team of professionals with the mission of attracting people outside the classic sport market niche and bring them to a structured pathway, where they can develop their tennis skills, enjoy the Club environment and become regular tennis players, either to a Social or High Performance level.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Exemplify exceptional customer service skills through all interactions with members and guests
- Teach private and group lessons to all ages and abilities
- Self-motivated, creative, well-organized and require little direct supervision
- Always, without exception punctual and dependable
- Attract and recruit new Beginner tennis players (Juniors and Seniors)
- Provide a remarkable experience for our members and guests
- Enforce all policies to ensure the safety of customers and guests
- Energetic and enthusiastic coaching style
- History of embodying the moral high ground, of being a contributor to a successful team environment, and always set the bar high for amazing customer service.
Skills and experience
- Self-reliant with a 'can do' attitude
- Minimum 3 years of experience with performance players
- Minimum grading level of UTR 9, S6 or above according to NZ standards.
- Always punctual, clear, and timely in any communication
- Must enjoy working with children on an individual and group basis
- Increase member participation and retention by actively, constantly & personally promoting all club programmes
- Accepting responsibility for the satisfactory conclusion to all tennis-related member services problems where you are involved.
- Ensuring Tennis department maintain immaculate tennis courts and facility.
- Providing world class tennis lessons for adults and juniors—private, semi-private and group—beginner through advanced levels.
- Evaluating student progress and teaching tennis best practices and techniques.
- Work all scheduled tennis activities or arrange for coverage, pre-approved by the Director of Tennis, in any absence.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and able to diplomatically manage confrontation
- U.S.P.T.A., ITF, TNZ or P.T.R certification required within one year of hire. Certification must remain current.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
We offer very competitive payment rates depending on your knowledge and experience.
Text or Call Nelson in 021-0499671 or email us: email@example.com
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business? Post your great opportunity below, or click here for recruitment advice.