Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
POSITION: ASSISTANT TENNIS COACH ( 20 – 25 HOURS PER WEEK)
LOCATION: TITIRANGI TENNIS CLUB AND LYNFIELD TENNIS CLUB
START: MID JULY 2023
A coaching position has become available with Josh Mark of 365 Tennis working between 2 locations, Titirangi Tennis Club and Lynfield Tennis Club with immediate start.
The Titirangi portion of the role is autonomous and in a growth phase which can grow hours as required for a motivated candidate.
This role will involve working both autonomously and alongside Josh, including the following:
• Hot Shots Coaching
• Junior Group Coaching
• Tennis in Schools
• Cardio Tennis & Attackers and Defenders
• Private lessons with both juniors and adults
• Developing club growth with sound coaching skills and enthusiasm
This is a great role for the right candidate looking for 20 – 25 hours weekly
Please head here to see the full job description.
Contact Josh Mark
Ph: 021 031 8013 or email your CV to Josh@365tennis.co.nz
Burwood Park Tennis Club (BPTC) is hiring a Head Coach to lead all coaching and outreach programs at the club. BPTC, a very friendly and social club, has attractive facilities alongside a spacious park in a nice neighbourhood in the eastern suburbs of Christchurch.
What we're looking for in our Head Coach:
- Ability to manage and coach all tennis programs including: Hot Shots, Juniors, group lessons, holiday camps, school programs, interclub teams, competitions and private lessons
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to building a coaching business out of the club while helping to grow the club membership
- Experience in going into schools to coach, and attracting kids and families to come to the club
- Skill in community outreach to local businesses and organisations to attract them to the club
- Desire to develop assistant coaches and mentor them to improve their abilities and contribution
- Effective in communication at all levels - with players, assistant coaches, parents, prospective members, members and the executive committee
- Ability to coach high performance tennis, but with a solid focus in a community-based club coaching program
- Be a strong presence at the club, including weekends, and be able to provide the committee with input on future coaching plans and club development
- Utilise the proshop space a the club to enhance the coaching and tennis services to the club
Preferred qualifications of the Head Coach candidate:
- Minimum level: Junior Development Coach (JDC) level of certification or in the process of attaining it
- Will consider a head coach that has coaching responsibilities at another club that they wish to maintain
- Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications, there will be guaranteed coaching and outreach hours funded by the club
- Current police vet check and current First Aid certificate
- Solid administration skills, with good attention to detail and computer literate
- High level of professionalism
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Be open to self-development, feedback, and furthering of qualifications
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have specific questions, call Steve Landis on 021716443.
Applications close Friday 9th June, with plans for the Head Coach to start by end of July, but with some flexibility based on the candidate's commitments.
Tennis Northern are looking for a Tennis Manager to look after both our programs and the coaches here at the Albany Tennis Park. The role is for 30 hours a week Monday to Friday 1.30pm to 7.30pm. The key time is from 3.30pm to 7.30 pm when our programs run. The rest of the time would be for administration, visiting clubs, coach development and meeting with parents to ensure we are delivering excellence across the various platforms. During school holidays there will be the requirement to run the school holiday program for one week and this is from 8.30 to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. The alternate week we always host a tournament where you will not be required to work though there is the opportunity to view the players.
Outside of the Tennis Northern commitments they will be able to offer private lessons to individuals.
The successful applicant will need a relevant tennis coach qualification and be familiar with the Tennis New Zealand programs that include Hotshots, Tennis Xpress, Cardio and Skills and Drills. They will be both on court mentoring and supporting our current team of coaches and, if required, deliver sessions. They will need to have high energy levels, a positive attitude and a can-do-anything philosophy. We are a small, versatile team so there may be jobs required outside of the specific job description.
Remuneration would be based on experience and qualifications. Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Winstone Park Tennis Club – Head Coach Position
We have a friendly and growing tennis community that is in need of a new Head Coach! We are seeking someone who is energetic and keen to take on the leading coaching role within our club. Here is an opportunity to continue with existing programmes and to develop your own tennis coaching business within an established club!
Winstone Park Tennis Club is situated in the heart of Mt Roskill with a growing number of keen players across all levels and ages of play. We have around 160 juniors/140 seniors and 5 recently resurfaced astro-turf courts with new LED lights.
As Winstone Parks Head Coach, you will be working closely with the committee to provide the best possible experience to members. We have existing sessions that we would want to continue and would like to keep our young assistants on (school students), as well, there is a lot of interest from members and plenty of scope to develop more session times and programmes. There is also an opportunity to provide coaching services and build relationships with surrounding schools.
What are we looking for in our Head Coach?
- Willingness to mentor and grow assistant coaches (continue to work with our existing assistants)
- Manage and organise all coaching programmes.
- Club oriented approach
- Experience coaching juniors and seniors of all ages and abilities.
- Able to communicate effectively with players, parents, and the committee.
What do you need to have?
- ITF Level 1 coaching qualification or equivalent (or working towards Tennis NZ coaching framework)
- Current Police check
- Current First Aid certificate
For more information and further details about this position please contact:
Doris Stroh – President at Winstone Park Tennis Club
Start date: August 2023
Applications close: 1st June 2023
Calder Tennis are seeking a part-time coach.We have been running our well known coaching services in the Nelson Tasman region for 15 + years. Located in this beautiful region we run coaching programmes at 5 clubs. We are a growing business looking for a passionate, motivated and experienced coach to come and join us.Coaching services include:Junior Hotshots coachingTennis in schoolsAdult group coachingPrivate coachingTennisXpress & Cardio Tennis groupsHolidays programmesThis position will also give you options of creating more coaching hours yourself and potential to build your own client base.
Attributes:Ability to work well in a team towards a common goal.Communicate effectively with the clubs, head coach, parents and players.Provide a fun, positive environment for players to improve their tennis.Organise and structure lesson plans.Good time management and planning skills.Energy and motivation to grow our club(s) membership and in local communities.Be open to self-development, feedback and furthering qualifications.Be honest, reliable and show initiative.Preferred Qualifications/Experience:ITF Level 1 JDC Qualification.Experience working with junior and adult groups.Police Vet check & First Aid.If this position interests you and you think you might have the necessary skills to be the right fit to our team, please apply to:Ashleigh CalderEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplications close: March 31st 2023
No1 tennis has grown to 3 venues and is bursting and in need of more coaches to facilitate this growth. The role can be catered for individuals but would need to cover both juniors and adults. Currently the junior programs number are extremely high with hotshots and development squads and would like to see the adults programs grow also.This role is suited for a seasoned coach or a coach that is looking to make tennis a career.More information will be supplied for candidates once receiving applications.
Please send cover letter and cv to:Justin@no1tennis.co.nz
There is a new coaching opportunity with Alpha Tennis based at West Harbour Tennis Club!We encourage all passionate tennis coaches who enjoy working with young people and adults alike to consider furthering their coaching career with us. Whether you are fully qualified, partly qualified, or have coaching experience, we would love to hear from you.Jobs available will be contract work to Alpha Tennis, with work consisting of junior after school and weekend sessions as well as adult sessions both during the day and in evenings. There will be the added opportunity for coaches to hold one on one private sessions with club users.Our programmes are well attended, meaning our coaches must be able to promote a fun and motivating environment for sizeable groups while providing good technical skill advice.Alpha Tennis Coaching and West Harbour Tennis would love to welcome a new member to the team, with lots of opportunities for the right person!
Alpha Tennis are especially looking for coaches with the following:- Confidence in coaching all skill levels - Good communication skills - Responsibility and professionalism - First Aid certificate (if you do not already have one, we can assist you in completing this training)
Contact Kay at 0210305654 or Tina at 0225870301 for an initial chat or email email@example.com.Please be aware that only applications from candidates with a right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role. Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kiwi Tennis Hamilton is at bursting point with waiting lists for both group and private lessons. We're looking for someone to join our dynamic team from Term 2 2023 onwards to help us keep building and developing tennis in the Waikato.We're able to adapt the role to the incoming coach to either being full time or part time. The successful applicant will be able to choose a racquet sponsorship with their preferred brand and perks will include being able to retain 100% of the fees from their private lessons.Please feel free to get in touch for a full job description.
Contact Pete on 022 429 8155 or at email@example.com
OVERVIEWCoach position available at Point Chevalier Tennis Club, TESE Tennis Service. Rates are dependent on level and experience. 6-court facility with synthetic grass in Auckland.Looking for a coach who’s interested in building a long-term future with the Club. Incentives and bonuses for the right candidate. Work in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. Get in touch with us if you’re interested. We are looking for an experienced coach that can lead by example, is punctual, and energetic & puts our customers first.Hours per week: up to 20 and can be developed.Qualifications: National or International certification preferred but not essential.Salary: competitive $30+ & will be based on the applicant's qualifications and experience.Primary responsibilities are:Delivering junior group lessons.Private lessons for kids and adults of all ages & abilities.Delivering Club coaching.School holiday tennis program in between terms.Willing to assist with junior/adults competitions & tournamentsPlease feel free to call if you have any questions regarding the role.
To apply send your CV/Resume: firstname.lastname@example.orgSergey contact: 0225914020
After 16 years of service to the club our coach is retiring. This leaves a great opportunity for someone to take over a ready-made coaching programme.
We have waiting lists of juniors and adults for group coaching and a demand for private lessons which cannot currently be fulfilled from existing and potential new members. We have 9 astroturf courts and a tennis playing membership of 90 juniors and 150 adults. We anticipate this will grow if we can offer more coaching opportunities.We need someone who is passionate about coaching, has had coaching experience and is ready to move up to drive their own programme.
What are we seeking in our club coach?• A passion for grassroots tennis• Club orientated within a coaching business model• Energy and commitment to our club and tennis in our region• Willingness to mentor and grow assistant coaches• Manage and organise all coaching programmesWhat do you need to have?• Excellent communication and organisational skills• High level of professionalism• A positive and enthusiastic attitude• Ability to relate easily to both adults and juniors• ITF Level 1 or 2, Tennis NZ coaching qualification (or working towards Tennis NZ coaching framework)• Appropriate work visa, NZ Residency or be a NZ Citizen• Current Police Check• First Aid CertificateWhat tennis services are we seeking?• Administration and running of a junior and adult group programme of 20 hours+ per week• Ability to implement programmes such as Hot Shots and Tennis Express• Provision of private junior and adult lessons• Running 2 open days per annum• Provision of a Saturday morning junior play session• Regular and timely communication with the committee, players and parentsWhat additional opportunities are available?• Coaching provision at local school• Holiday camps outside of term time• A pro shop is available if a coach is interested in an additional business opportunity
Preferred start date: 1 April 2023
Email with accompanying CV to Hayden Clarke email@example.com or phone 027 4070071 for an informal discussion.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
Professional Tennis Coach wanted to join Paul Arnott Tennis Ltd at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club.
A great opportunity has arisen for a professional tennis coach to join the Coaching Team of Paul Arnott Tennis Ltd at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club is set in the grounds of Blake Park and is walking distance from the beautiful beach. We have 4 Rebound Ace Plexi courts, 5 Astro courts and 12 hard courts. The club has a very diverse membership which encompasses Junior Hot Shots Tennis, Adult Coaching programme which caters for all levels, Senior & Junior Interclub, Cardio Tennis, Midweek Ladies, Adult & Junior Club Nights, Adult Club Day, Business House, Fast 4 Shoot Out Tournaments, Individual Adult & Junior coaching and lots more social events.
The suitable applicant must reside in New Zealand, will need to be competent in all aspects of club coaching and have the skill level to play and represent MMTC at Senior Interclub. The ability to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with club members and other coaching staff is essential.
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
Up to 25 hours per week are available coaching, with up to 10 hours per week focused on administration for Tennis Southland. The hours worked will be dictated by the seasonal nature of tennis in Southland. Primarily after school hours with renumeration for travel.
We are looking for a skilled coach with extensive coaching and playing experience. The successful applicant is expected to create and maintain relationships at a national and international level to facilitate the entry of Southland players into top-level training programmes and competitions in NZ and offshore.
As the Head Coach you will be required to travel around rural Southland and work with many different levels and programmes, including:
* Private lessons with both juniors and adults as well as squad trainings
* Hot Shots Coaching and Hot Shots Tennis in schools
The suitable candidate must have the following:
* ITF/Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 1 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent) or be willing to get that within one year of hire.
* Be Experienced coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities and taking teams to national competitions.
* Be Experienced in developing club and school coaching programmes.
* Strong administration, communication, and computer skills.
* Current Police Check
For more details, please email Scott Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be accompanied with a CV and cover letter.
After a successful expansion last year our junior coaches have unfortunately moved away and need replacing.
Join our team and help us grow the clubs programme and meet the demand.
Our amazing head coach, Mareta, has built a highly popular junior programme at our club with approximately 50 juniors of various skills and ages participating.
We also have a casual senior programme that allows seniors who are either beginners or returning to the game to gain the confidence to join more club activities, get some fun exercise or just try us out.
If you join use your role would involve:
- assisting with junior coaching sessions (primary role)
- currently these run on Wednesday and Thursdays from 3pm to approx. 6:45pm,
- assisting with senior coaching sessions
- currently run on demand on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Potentially the role could grow to running sessions without the head coach in attendance and potentially running interclub coaching sessions.
We are a fun, inclusive club and always welcome our coaches to hang around after coaching ends for a hit with other members.
Please email email@example.com with applications providing a phone number and time that would be good to call. We will likely arrange a meeting at the club with our head coach.
PART TIME AFTER SCHOOL COACH – SMASHTENNIS @ BELMONT PARK RACQUETS CLUB
We are a busy community club in Bayswater on the North Shore & looking forward to a great summer tennis season ahead.
We are looking for a fun enthusiastic coach to help with our afterschool junior Tennis programme. We have well established after school classes and would love to have an energetic, reliable, punctual and confident coach join our team.
Must have good initiative, great communication, patience and kindness towards the young juniors, parents and staff. We expect a high level of professionalism and presentation (Coaching Shirt Provided)
Role would involve:
Part Time hours to be discussed.
Run Red, Orange & Green Dot after school lessons.
Monday-Thursday afternoons from 330pm – 7pm approx. (schedule not completed)
Possible Saturday/Sunday Mornings .
Christmas Holiday Camp starts 19th December
Option to take some Adult Fitness Classes if qualified.
Be available, reliable and punctual for the School Term 9 week programme
Looking for someone in the new year from term 1 starting the end of January 2023.
Contact Jo Nielsen-
Want to be part of a friendly and growing tennis community? Come join us at Tawa Tennis Club! We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Tennis Head Coach who is keen to take a leading role towards the success of tennis in our community. Here is an opportunity to start your own tennis coaching business within an established club!
Tawa Tennis Club has a strong junior base and keen adult players across all levels of play. With almost 200 members, 8 recently resurfaced plexipave courts of which 5 are lit, and an active committee. We won Club of the Year in the Tennis Central Awards in 2021.
As Tawa’s Head Coach, you will be working closely with the committee to provide the best possible experience to members. There is also an opportunity to provide coaching services and build relationships with other clubs in the Wellington Northern and Porirua suburbs.
What are we seeking in our club coach?
- Passion for grassroots tennis
- Club orientated within a coaching business model
- Energy and commitment to our club and tennis in our region
- Willingness to mentor and grow assistant coaches
- Manage and organise all coaching programmes
What do you need to have?
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High level of professionalism
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to relate easily to both adults and juniors
- ITF Level 1 or 2, Tennis NZ coaching qualification (or working towards Tennis NZ coaching framework)
- Appropriate work visa, NZ Residency or be a NZ Citizen
- Current Police Check
- First Aid Certificate
What tennis services are we seeking?
- Hot Shots coaching
- Tennis pathways across all levels of play - nurturing young players
- Junior Interclub coaching
- Adult coaching including Xpress, Cardio and Advanced level
- Private junior and senior lessons
- Support to grow the club from grassroots
- Holiday programmes including Tawa Racketlon
- Running 2 - 3 annual tournaments at the club
- Administration of all coaching services
- Regular and timely communication with the committee, players and parents
- Squad development
What additional opportunities are available?
- Coaching services at other local clubs
- School tennis
- Playing interclub tennis for the club would be a bonus
- Supporting Kapi Mana Reps
Tawa is a fantastic suburb on the northern corridor of Wellington City. Close access to the motorway and Transmission Gully. Easy place to travel to and from and has some fantastic coffee shops!
Contract and remuneration will be discussed with interest applicants with the possibility of contract offered to the right person.
Applications close: 30th July
Preferred start date: Ideally as soon as possible or by mutual agreement.
For more details, please email Julie Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be accompanied with a CV and cover letter.
Evolve Tennis Coaching is seeking to appoint a professional Head Tennis Coach to deliver and develop a high quality coaching programme at the Thorndon Tennis & Squash Club.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain high quality coaching at all levels of the game
- Manage all on-court aspects involved with junior and senior coaching programmes
- Identify junior players of potential and nurture that potential through our development programmes
- Communicate effectively with the club, players and parents in a timely manner
- Provide a coaching service minimum 5 days a week. There is potential to substantially increase the current 30 hours per week.
- Ability to work with a team of coaches
- Mentor Senior, Development and Assistant Coaches
- Communicate with other Head Coaches at Evolve on a regular basis
- Administer player bookings and attendance records using a computerized system
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Display a high level of personal integrity and pride in their work, be motivated and willing to learn, honest and reliable, display initiative and able to work in a team
- Hold strong interpersonal and communication skills for all age groups
- Sound computer skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- ITF Level 1 coaching qualification equivalent or higher
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Tennis Hot Shots programme
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities
- Experience coaching Cardio Tennis preferred
- Appropriate work visa, NZ Residency or a NZ Citizen
Applicants should send their CV and other supporting details to Susan at email@example.com
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business and would like it added to the above list?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your details or click here for recruitment advice.
Please note: the above job vacancy listing is for New Zealand based clubs and coaches only.