Work with us
Temporary Billie Jean King Cup Captain
The Tennis NZ High Performance team are looking for a temporary Billie Jean King Cup Captain to provide cover for Marina Erakovic who is unable to attend the upcoming tie in Kuala Lumpur the week of July 24th 2023.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Billie Jean King Cup Cup leadership prior to and during the tie – currently one week per year.
- Billie Jean King Cup selection and player liaison (availability, preparations, travel etc).
- Team preparation, training and motivation for Billie Jean King Cup ties and the build-up week prior.
- Some Billie Jean King Cup related media and PR requirements as directed by the HP Manager or CEO.
- Supporting the Tennis NZ HP team on Billie Jean King Cup related duties are required by the HP Manager or CEO.
The mandatory requirements are:
- Must hold a current NZ passport (ITF ruling)
- Must hold a coaching qualification at minimum level of ITF Level 1 (or recognised equivalent)
- Must be available to travel from 20th July- 31st July (exact travel dates TBC)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like further information, please send your CV directly to High Performance Manager, Emily Carter along with any questions by May 15th.
Tennis Auckland Assistant Interclub Administrator
Part Time (20hrs p/w) Fixed Term
Tennis Auckland is seeking to engage a person to assist with organising and managing our domestic interclub and indoor competitions. This position is to be a part time fixed term 6-month contract commencing in June 2023. The Tennis Auckland office is located at 1 Tennis Lane, Auckland and the successful candidate will have an opportunity for flexible working from both home and at the office (min two days per week).
Tennis Auckland is the largest tennis region in New Zealand with 53 member clubs and 10,000 club members. Our competitions run throughout the year and we are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and reliable person to become part of our interclub operations team.
The job involves the following tasks:
- Assist the Interclub Administrator to plan and organise senior, junior and midweek tennis competitions including our premier Scarbro Caro Bowl competition
- Assist the Interclub Administrator to plan and organise all Ladies Indoor and Evening Indoor Competitions
- Assist with the execution of these events
- Assist with the organisation of interclub meetings/debriefs and award ceremonies
- Assist the Tennis Auckland interclub team in decision making on any interclub queries, complaints and disputes
- Build and maintain relationships with our key interclub stakeholders
- Assist with the payment and collection of entry fees
- Assist with other administrative tasks for the domestic operations team as required
Candidates must possess strong organisational, planning and administration skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively and fit into a team environment. Advanced computer skills are essential and some experience in marketing or the use of social media would be of value but is not essential. Knowledge of tennis or experience with the administration of sporting competitions is preferable but not essential. Building relationships with sports club volunteers is an integral part of this role.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity then please send a letter of application and CV to: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday 19th May
Interviews will be held w/c Monday 22nd May