Ready for a fun workout?
Cardio Tennis is the high energy highlight of your week! It’s a fun, social, group tennis-fitness programme for all ages and abilities - even non-tennis players!
Cardio Tennis combines fitness devices, music, and a variety of equipment to deliver the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout.
Each workout compromises of a warm-up, cardio segment (drills and play based) and a cool down. Women can burn up to 500 calories and men up to 800 in a 60-minute session!
Benefits of Cardio Tennis
Whether you’ve never played tennis, or you’re a regular player, you’ll find plenty of reward from a Cardio Tennis session:
- Get fitter while you get better
- Fitness devices track your progress and help shape your sessions
- Workout with your friends in a non-threatening environment where ability doesn't matter!
- Enjoy the beat and workout to the music which keeps you motivated and keeps you moving.
Find a workout venue
Are you sick of your boring exercise routine? Forget the treadmill, forget the exercise bike – live in the moment and have fun with your friends working out at Cardio Tennis.
Cardio Tennis is a great way to widen your social circle while getting your heart pumping and improving your fitness.
Join the thousands of New Zealanders and Australians who have turned their fitness regime into a social, fun and energising workout.
You'll love Cardio Tennis whether you're a tennis player or not, so why not give it a try?
COACHES! THINKING ABOUT RUNNING TENNIS WORKOUTS?
By becoming a registered Cardio Tennis coach you'll stand head and shoulders above run-of-the-mill tennis fit programmes. Access to national marketing campaigns, localised promotion and workout plans, means that lots of the hard work is done for you and you can focus on the great stuff you do on the court.
Cardio Tennis is a smart way to grow your business as having eight players on one court is more cost effective than a private lesson. The average charge for a session is $15 – meaning an hourly rate of $120.
If you are an ITF Level 1 (or equivalent) qualified coach then for just $200 you can become a registered national programmes coach, giving you full access to Cardio Tennis, Tennis Xpress AND Tennis Hot Shots.
- Fully funded ClubSpark account (a business management and website platform tool)
- Promotional and marketing material
- Marketing assistance from Tennis New Zealand through national website and Facebook pages
- Online training for you and your qualified assistants
- $100 off the Coaching Assistant course for your assistants/older club players (regular price $300)
- Professional Indemnity insurance cover with AON
- Warm up, workout and cool down plans
VIEW QUALIFIED COACHES AND COACHING ASSISTANTS THROUGHOUT NZ
- ITF3 - High Performance Coach
- ITF2 - Club Professional Coach
- ITF2 - International Equivilent
- ITF1 - Junior Development Coach
- ITF1 - International Equivalent
- Coaching Assistant
- Cardio Tennis
- Tennis Xpress
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Police Vetted
- First Aid
Coach education pathway information
What is required to be on the coach register?
- Attend a Tennis NZ Coach Education course that is recognised by the International Tennis Federation (Coaching Assistant and above)
- Complete all competency-based assessment tasks associated with the course.
- Learn more about Tennis NZ Course & Qualification opportunities HERE
- If you have a Historical Qualification or an International Qualification not recognised by the International Tennis Federation, then you will either need to complete a current Tennis NZ course or completed the Recognition Of Current Competence process.
- View the Tennis NZ Coach Education Course calendar HERE
- LEARN MORE about the Recognition of current competence process
Please complete and agree to the Coaches Code of Ethics to update any of your information that may be out of date. These changes will be reflected in the Find a Coach listing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.